PLEASE READ INFORMATION IN THIS DOCUMENT AND THE TERMS & CONDITIONS BELOW (COLLECTIVELY THESE “TERMS”) CAREFULLY, AS THEY APPLY TO YOUR APPLICATION AND PARTICIPATION IN THE GLOBAL FAST TRACK PROGRAMME 2022 (AS DEFINED BELOW). BY SUBMITTING YOUR CONTENT (AS DEFINED BELOW), YOU AND YOUR REPRESENTING COMPANY ACCEPT THESE TERMS BETWEEN YOUR REPRESENTING COMPANY AND FINNOVASIA LIMITED (“Finnovasia”) AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THEM.
Your representing company and Finnovasia are hereinafter collectively referred to as “Parties” and either one of them as a “Party”.
“Corporate and Investor Champions” mean the companies invited by Finnovasia to host 1-2-1 meetings, to consider the business pitches presented by You, and the companies who will determine the winner of the relevant Semi-Finals and Global Final in which they are judging;
“Service Champions” mean the service providers invited by Finnovasia to provide services and infrastructure support and to host 1-2-1 meetings.
“Global Fast Track Programme 2022” means a series of events organized by Finnovasia including the Pitching Competition, 1-2-1 Meetings and consultations with government, regulators and mentors to develop your market entry and growth strategy. ;
“Pitching Competition” means the competition organized by Finnovasia for selected businesses to compete via Semi-Finals and Global Final, and for the winners of the Pitching Competition to receive Prizes and Benefits.
“Prizes and Benefits” mean the prizes and benefits mentioned in this Terms; and
"you" or "your" means you and your representing company, the person who is reading this document and/or submitting your Content on behalf of your company to participate in the Global Fast Track Programme 2022; and
“1-2-1 Meetings” means the private meetings booked by Corporate, Investor and Service Champions with participants of the Global Fast Track Programme 2022.
- The Global Fast Track Programme 2022
- Invest Hong Kong (“InvestHK”) appoints Finnovasia as the organizer of the Global Fast Track Programme 2022. InvestHK shall not be liable for:
- any and all claims (whether or not successful, compromised, settled, withdrawn or discontinued, in whole or in part), actions, investigations, demands, proceedings or judgments, joint or several, threatened, brought or established against InvestHK, its authorized users, assigns and successors-in-title; and
- any and all liabilities, losses, damages, costs, charges or expenses (including all legal fees and other awards, costs, payments, charges and expenses) which InvestHK, its authorized users, assigns and successors-in-title may pay or incur, to the extent arising directly out of any act done or omission by Finnovasia.
- The Global Fast Track Programme 2022 is organized by Finnovasia. By submitting Your Content and/or participating in the Global Fast Track Programme 2022 on behalf of Your representing company, You agree to accept these Terms between You and Finnovasia and be bound by them. If You do not agree to these Terms, then You must not submit Your Content or participate in the Global Fast Track Programme 2022.
- The rules and procedures specified in this document in relation to the Pitching Competition and/or the Global Fast Track Programme 2022 are deemed to be part of the Terms. Finnovasia has the right to amend, modify and/or add to such Terms at any time, in its sole discretion, with no implications whatsoever that Finnovasia undertake, accept or assume any responsibilities or liabilities to You and/or any third parties. Any amendments will be notified to You by email as soon as possible. Your continued participation in the Global Fast Track Programme 2022 and/or failure to withdraw Your participation after the amended Terms that are communicated to You constitutes Your acceptance of such amendments. If You do not agree to any amendments to the rules or procedures, Your sole remedy is to cease participating in the Global Fast Track Programme 2022.
- You understand and agree that the amount and the manner in which the Prizes and Benefits will be provided, Prizes and Benefits shall be determined by Finnovasia, InvestHK and/or the Prizes and Benefits sponsor(s) in their sole and final discretion.
- You understand and agree that Finnovasia does not provide any guarantees, undertakings or warranties in relation to Your chances of winning.
- You understand and agree that Finnovasia does not guarantee Your chance to be invited to 1-2-1 Meetings by Corporate, Investor and Service Champions.
- You understand and agree that meeting with and pitching to Corporate Champions and Investor Champions during Global Fast Track Programme 2022 does not guarantee an investment into Your company.
- Finnovasia shall have the absolute discretion to make any decisions in relation to the Global Fast Track Programme 2022, and its decisions shall be final and binding.
- You acknowledge and agree that InvestHK and Finnovasia, at their sole discretion shall have the right to record the Pitching Competition (in any format), and broadcast, stream or transmit the Pitching Competition in whatsoever manner (including, without limitation, as a live-stream), as well as allow the public to attend, view, and/or watch any broadcast or recording of the Pitching Competition, either for free or in return for compensation. You shall not have any right to edit, object to or request the takedown of, and shall not have any rights, title or interest in such recordings or broadcasts (in any format whatsoever), and all IP Rights in such recordings or broadcasts are owned by the InvestHK and Finnovasia, pursuant to Clause 6. You shall not be entitled to any part of the compensation received by InvestHK and/or Finnovasia from the public, or any distribution, broadcasting or licensing revenue received by InvestHK and/or Finnovasia.
- You acknowledge and agree that InvestHK and Finnovasia, at their sole discretion shall have the right to record the Pitching Competition (in any format), and broadcast, stream or transmit the Pitching Competition in whatsoever manner (including, without limitation, as a live-stream), as well as allow the pubAll costs and expenses incurred by You in relation to Your participation in the Global Fast Track Programme 2022 shall be borne solely by You.lic to attend, view, and/or watch any broadcast or recording of the Pitching Competition, either for free or in return for compensation. You shall not have any right to edit, object to or request the takedown of, and shall not have any rights, title or interest in such recordings or broadcasts (in any format whatsoever), and all IP Rights in such recordings or broadcasts are owned by the InvestHK and Finnovasia, pursuant to Clause 6. You shall not be entitled to any part of the compensation received by InvestHK and/or Finnovasia from the public, or any distribution, broadcasting or licensing revenue received by InvestHK and/or Finnovasia.
- Your Content.
- You understand and agree that, when you send in Your Content (as defined in Clause 4) for the Pitching Competition, Your Content will be automatically shared to Corporate and Investor Champions for multiple screenings and scoring whenever applicable. You also understand that documents and information submitted could not be updated after submission.
- You represent and warrant that all information and materials submitted by You in relation to the Global Fast Track Programme 2022 and any supporting documents shall be complete, up-to-date and accurate, and shall not infringe the rights of any third parties. Upon becoming aware that any information or materials provided by You to Finnovasia are at risk of infringing any rights of any third parties, You shall promptly notify Finnovasia in writing to email@example.com.
- License to Use Items
In consideration of the opportunity to participate in the Global Fast Track Programme 2022, you grant InvestHK and Finnovasia a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable license to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, publish, create derivative works from, incorporate into any data, material or information, in any format (including but not limited to marketing materials, posters, text, software, images, graphics, photos, audio and video recordings) created for Global Fast Track Programme 2022 by or on behalf of InvestHK and/or Finnovasia, translate, transmit and disseminate the following (“Your Content”):
- any data, material, information, trademarks, trade names or logos, provided, uploaded, submitted or presented by You (in any format whatsoever) to InvestHK and/or Finnovasia or their service providers, or otherwise in connection with or during the Global Fast Track Programme 2022; and
- any photographs, images, videos, audio and/or sound recordings, that InvestHK and/or Finnovasia or their service providers make, create, live stream, broadcast or record of You, Your employees and/or representatives in connection with the Global Fast Track Programme 2022,
in any form, media or technology whatsoever, for the purposes of administering, organizing, providing, hosting, fulfilling, promoting, marketing, advertising and/or showcasing Hong Kong FinTech Week 2022, and as otherwise permitted under these Terms.
You warrant and undertake that You have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the license described in this Clause. You agree that You are responsible for protecting and enforcing your own IP Rights and InvestHK and/or Finnovasia have no obligation to do so on Your behalf.
You agree that You waive, and have obtained all waivers from Your employees and representatives of, any and all moral rights in Your Content.
InvestHK and/or Finnovasia reserve the right (but shall have no obligation) to remove, pre-screen, review, flag, filter, modify or refuse any of Your Content, at its sole discretion.
- You understand and agree that Your Content is not confidential and may be disseminated and disclosed by InvestHK and Finnovasia and its sub-licences pursuant to Clause 4, and may become known to the public (including, without limitation, when members of the public attend the Global Fast Track Programme 2022 or view any promotional or marketing materials).
- InvestHK and Finnovasia shall not be responsible for and assumes no liability to You to maintain the confidentiality of any of Your Content. It is Your obligation to ensure that no proprietary or confidential information or materials are provided to the Global Fast Track Programme 2022, as this will be subject to Clause 4.
- Global Fast Track Programme 2022 Intellectual Property
- You will not include Global Fast Track Programme 2022 in any of Your announcement, advertisement, publication and press release before sending prior written notice to Finnovasia. You agree to comply with all reasonable instructions from Finnovasia in relation to the inclusion of Global Fast Track Programme 2022, and to not proceed with any inclusion that has not been noticed to Finnovasia.
- You agree to not do anything which may jeopardize any rights that the InvestHK and/or Finnovasia has, including applying to register any Global Fast Track Programme 2022 Trademarks or doing (or permitting to do) anything that may adversely affect the Commercial Rights. All goodwill associated with any Global Fast Track Programme 2022 Trademarks will inure to the benefit of the InvestHK and/or Finnovasia (or its licensors).
- Nothing in this Term will act to license or transfer any rights of either Party, except as expressly specified. You acknowledge and agree that InvestHK and/or Finnovasia are the owner and/or controller of all Commercial Rights and all intellectual property rights (including trademarks) in relation to Global Fast Track Programme 2022.
- Nothing in this Terms will limit or exclude a Party's liability:
- for death or personal injury caused by its negligence;
- for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- for any other liability to the extent they cannot be excluded by applicable laws.
- Subject to clause 7.i, under no circumstances will a Party be liable to the other for any of the following, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise:
- loss of revenue or anticipated revenue;
- loss of savings or anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity;
- loss of profits or anticipated profits;
- wasted expenditure; or
- any indirect or consequential losses.
Without prejudice to Clause 7.ii, solely to the extent that any court of competent jurisdiction issues a decision that Clause 7.ii is invalid or unenforceable, Finnovasia’s maximum aggregate liability arising out of or in connection with this Terms, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, shall in no circumstances exceed USD100.
- Governing Law
These Terms and any matters relating to these Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of Hong Kong. Any dispute arising from or in connection with this Agreement shall be settled through friendly consultations between the parties. In case no settlement is reached through consultations within 14 days of the occurrence of a dispute, either party may submit the dispute to Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre（HKIAC） for arbitration. Any arbitration award shall be final and binding upon both parties.
If any of these Terms are held invalid, illegal or unenforceable by any court or tribunal of competent jurisdiction, it will be severed and the remaining terms will continue in full force and effect as if these Terms had been made without the invalid, illegal or unenforceable terms.
- Entire Agreement
These Terms contain the entire agreement between Your representing company and FINNOVASIA in respect of Global Fast Track Programme 2022.
A failure or delay by Finnovasia to exercise any right or to act upon a breach under these Terms will not be a waiver of that right or breach. Any waiver by Finnovasia of any of its rights or of a breach of these Terms must be in writing, and such waiver is limited to the particular right or breach stated therein.
You may not transfer any of Your rights or obligations under these Terms without the prior written consent of Finnovasia. Finnovasia may transfer their rights or obligations to any third party without Your consent.
- Assumption of Risk
You acknowledge and agree that Your attendance and participation in the Global Fast Track Programme 2022 is voluntary. You agree to assume the risks associated with attending and participating in the Global Fast Track Programme 2022 to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law.
- English Version Prevails
In the event of any discrepancy between the English version and the Chinese version of these Terms, the English version shall prevail.
Should you have any enquiries to Global Fast Track Programme 2022, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.