PLEASE READ INFORMATION IN THIS DOCUMENT AND THE TERMS & CONDITIONS BELOW (COLLECTIVELY THESE “TERMS”) CAREFULLY, AS THEY APPLY TO YOUR APPLICATION AND PARTICIPATION IN THE GLOBAL FAST TRACK PROGRAMME 2023 (AS DEFINED BELOW). BY SUBMITTING YOUR CONTENT (AS DEFINED BELOW), YOU AND YOUR REPRESENTING COMPANY ACCEPT THESE TERMS BETWEEN YOUR REPRESENTING COMPANY AND WHUB LIMITED (“WHub”) AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THEM.
Your representing company and WHub are hereinafter collectively referred to as “Parties” and either one of them as a “Party”.
“Corporate and Investor Champions” mean the companies invited by WHub to host 1-2-1 meetings, to consider the business pitches presented by You, and the companies who will determine the winner of the relevant Semi-Finals and Global Final in which they are judging;
“Service Champions” mean the service providers invited by WHub to provide services and infrastructure support and to host 1-2-1 meetings.
“Global Fast Track Programme 2023” means a series of events organised by WHub including the Pitching Competition, 1-2-1 Meetings and consultations with government, regulators and mentors to develop your market entry and growth strategy. ;
“Pitching Competition” means the competition organised by WHub for selected businesses to compete via Semi-Finals and Global Final, and for the winners of the Pitching Competition to receive Prizes and Benefits.
“Prizes and Benefits” mean the prizes and benefits mentioned in this Terms; and
"you" or "your" means you and your representing company, the person who is reading this document and/or submitting your Content on behalf of your company to participate in the Global Fast Track Programme 2023; and
“1-2-1 Meetings” means the private meetings booked by Corporate, Investor and Service Champions with participants of the Global Fast Track Programme 2023.
- The Global Fast Track Programme 2023
- Invest Hong Kong (“InvestHK”) appoints WHub as the organiser of the Global Fast Track Programme 2023. InvestHK shall not be liable for:
- any and all claims (whether or not successful, compromised, settled, withdrawn or discontinued, in whole or in part), actions, investigations, demands, proceedings or judgments, joint or several, threatened, brought or established against InvestHK, its authorized users, assigns and successors-in-title; and
- any and all liabilities, losses, damages, costs, charges or expenses (including all legal fees and other awards, costs, payments, charges and expenses) which InvestHK, its authorised users, assigns and successors-in-title may pay or incur, to the extent arising directly out of any act done or omission by WHub.
- The Global Fast Track Programme 2023 is organised by WHub. By submitting Your Content and/or participating in the Global Fast Track Programme 2023 on behalf of Your representing company, You agree to accept these Terms between You and WHub and be bound by them. If You do not agree to these Terms, then You must not submit Your Content or participate in the Global Fast Track Programme 2023.
- The rules and procedures specified in this document in relation to the Pitching Competition and/or the Global Fast Track Programme 2023 are deemed to be part of the Terms. WHub has the right to amend, modify and/or add to such Terms at any time, in its sole discretion, with no implications whatsoever that WHub undertake, accept or assume any responsibilities or liabilities to You and/or any third parties. Any amendments will be notified to You by email as soon as possible. Your continued participation in the Global Fast Track Programme 2023 and/or failure to withdraw Your participation after the amended Terms that are communicated to You constitutes Your acceptance of such amendments. If You do not agree to any amendments to the rules or procedures, Your sole remedy is to cease participating in the Global Fast Track Programme 2023.
- You understand and agree that the amount and the manner in which the Prizes and Benefits will be provided shall be determined by WHub, Invest Hong Kong, and/or sponsor(s) of the concerned prizes and benefits at their sole and final discretion. In particular, the "ticket" prize to fly to Hong Kong will be in the form of cash reimbursement based on proof of ticket invoice shared with us, and the amount of the reimbursement shall not exceed USD 1,000 for each team. As for the Investment prize, the decision to invest any part of this investment pool into any company will be taken by our partner, AngelHub Limited ("AngelHub"), in its sole and final discretion and will depend on the outcome of a full due diligence process and the investment scope and strategy of AngelHub. The organiser, The W Hub Limited ("WHub"), reserves the right to change the date(s) of the Event as it deems fit, or cancel, alter in character or mode, reduce in scale, or shorten or extend the duration of the Event at any time due to circumstances beyond the Organiser's reasonable control (a "force majeure event"). A force majeure event includes an act of God, fire, flood, typhoon, storm, war, riot, civil unrest, an act of terrorism, government restrictions, strike, industrial dispute, an outbreak of epidemic or pandemic illness, or failure or major disruption of utility service, telecommunication, or transportation. No further amounts will be paid to the participants as a result of a change in travel plans necessitated by the force majeure events. Further, if WHub cancels the Event due to a force majeure event or the Event is cancelled by Invest Hong Kong, WHub and/or any related party will have no liability to the participants.
- You understand and agree that WHub does not provide any guarantees, undertakings or warranties in relation to your chances of winning.
- You understand and agree that WHub does not guarantee Your chance to be invited to 1-2-1 Meetings by Corporate, Investor and Service Champions.
- You understand and agree that meeting with and pitching to Corporate Champions and Investor Champions during Global Fast Track Programme 2023 does not guarantee an investment into your company.
- WHub shall have the absolute discretion to make any decisions in relation to the Global Fast Track Programme 2023, and its decisions shall be final and binding.
- You acknowledge and agree that InvestHK and WHub, at their sole discretion shall have the right to record the Pitching Competition (in any format), and broadcast, stream or transmit the Pitching Competition in whatsoever manner (including, without limitation, as a live-stream), as well as allow the public to attend, view, and/or watch any broadcast or recording of the Pitching Competition, either for free or in return for compensation. You shall not have any right to edit, object to or request the takedown of, and shall not have any rights, title or interest in such recordings or broadcasts (in any format whatsoever), and all IP Rights in such recordings or broadcasts are owned by the InvestHK and WHub, pursuant to Clause 6. You shall not be entitled to any part of the compensation received by InvestHK and/or WHub from the public, or any distribution, broadcasting or licensing revenue received by InvestHK and/or WHub.
- Your Content.
- You understand and agree that, when you send in Your Content (as defined in Clause 4) for the Pitching Competition, Your Content will be automatically shared to Corporate and Investor Champions for multiple screenings and scoring whenever applicable. You also understand that documents and information submitted could not be updated after submission.
- InvestHK and WHub will collect, use, store and transfer your application information and data when you attend our functions, use our services, register with us or communicate with us. We will only use your information and data when the law allows us to, most commonly, in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the services we are about to offer or have offered with you;
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests;
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation;
- To provide services or information about Global Fast Track;
- To provide services or information to facilitate companies to set up or expand their business operation in Hong Kong;
- To mail communications, publications, invitations and such like as you may select, request or as we may consider being relevant to you; and
- To measure the success of specific campaigns and for general market research.
Please note that we may process your application information and data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
- You represent and warrant that all information and materials submitted by You in relation to the Global Fast Track Programme 2023 and any supporting documents shall be complete, up-to-date and accurate, and shall not infringe the rights of any third parties. Upon becoming aware that any information or materials provided by You to WHub are at risk of infringing any rights of any third parties, You shall promptly notify WHub in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- License to Use Items
In consideration of the opportunity to participate in the Global Fast Track Programme 2023, you grant InvestHK and WHub a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable license to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, publish, create derivative works from, incorporate into any data, material or information, in any format (including but not limited to marketing materials, posters, text, software, images, graphics, photos, audio and video recordings) created for Global Fast Track Programme 2023 by or on behalf of InvestHK and/or WHub, translate, transmit and disseminate the following (“Your Content”):
- any data, material, information, trademarks, trade names or logos, provided, uploaded, submitted or presented by You (in any format whatsoever) to InvestHK and/or WHub or their service providers, or otherwise in connection with or during the Global Fast Track Programme 2023; and
- any photographs, images, videos, audio and/or sound recordings, that InvestHK and/or WHub or their service providers make, create, live stream, broadcast or record of You, Your employees and/or representatives in connection with the Global Fast Track Programme 2023,
in any form, media or technology whatsoever, for the purposes of administering, organising, providing, hosting, fulfilling, promoting, marketing, advertising and/or showcasing Global Fast Track Programme 2023, and as otherwise permitted under these Terms.
You warrant and undertake that You have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the license described in this Clause. You agree that You are responsible for protecting and enforcing your own IP Rights and InvestHK and/or WHub have no obligation to do so on Your behalf.
You agree that you waive, and have obtained all waivers from Your employees and representatives of, any and all moral rights in Your Content.
InvestHK and/or WHub reserve the right (but shall have no obligation) to remove, pre-screen, review, flag, filter, modify or refuse any of Your Content, at its sole discretion.
- You understand and agree that Your Content is not confidential and may be disseminated and disclosed by InvestHK and WHub and its sub-licences pursuant to Clause 4, and may become known to the public (including, without limitation, when members of the public attend the Global Fast Track Programme 2023 or view any promotional or marketing materials).
- InvestHK and WHub shall not be responsible for and assumes no liability to You to maintain the confidentiality of any of Your Content. It is Your obligation to ensure that no proprietary or confidential information or materials are provided to the Global Fast Track Programme 2023, as this will be subject to Clause 4.
- Global Fast Track Programme 2023 Intellectual Property
- You will not include Global Fast Track Programme 2023 in any of Your announcement, advertisement, publication and press release before sending prior written notice to WHub. You agree to comply with all reasonable instructions from WHub in relation to the inclusion of Global Fast Track Programme 2023, and to not proceed with any inclusion that has not been noticed to WHub.
- You agree to not do anything which may jeopardise any rights that the InvestHK and/or WHub has, including applying to register any Global Fast Track Programme 2023 Trademarks or doing (or permitting to do) anything that may adversely affect the Commercial Rights. All goodwill associated with any Global Fast Track Programme 2023 Trademarks will inure to the benefit of the InvestHK and/or WHub (or its licensors).
- Nothing in this Term will act to license or transfer any rights of either Party, except as expressly specified. You acknowledge and agree that InvestHK and/or WHub are the owner and/or controller of all Commercial Rights and all intellectual property rights (including trademarks) in relation to Global Fast Track Programme 2023.
- Nothing in this Terms will limit or exclude a Party's liability:
- for death or personal injury caused by its negligence;
- for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- for any other liability to the extent they cannot be excluded by applicable laws.
- Subject to clause 7.i, under no circumstances will a Party be liable to the other for any of the following, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise:
- loss of revenue or anticipated revenue;
- loss of savings or anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity;
- loss of profits or anticipated profits;
- wasted expenditure; or
- any indirect or consequential losses.
Without prejudice to Clause 7.ii, solely to the extent that any court of competent jurisdiction issues a decision that Clause 7.ii is invalid or unenforceable, WHub's maximum aggregate liability arising out of or in connection with this Terms, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, shall in no circumstances exceed USD100.
- Governing Law
These Terms and any matters relating to these Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of Hong Kong. Any dispute arising from or in connection with this Agreement shall be settled through friendly consultations between the parties. In case no settlement is reached through consultations within 14 days of the occurrence of a dispute, either party may submit the dispute to Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre（HKIAC） for arbitration. Any arbitration award shall be final and binding upon both parties.
If any of these Terms are held invalid, illegal or unenforceable by any court or tribunal of competent jurisdiction, it will be severed and the remaining terms will continue in full force and effect as if these Terms had been made without the invalid, illegal or unenforceable terms.
- Entire Agreement
These Terms contain the entire agreement between Your representing company and WHub in respect of Global Fast Track Programme 2023.
A failure or delay by WHub to exercise any right or to act upon a breach under these Terms will not be a waiver of that right or breach. Any waiver by WHub of any of its rights or of a breach of these Terms must be in writing, and such waiver is limited to the particular right or breach stated therein.
You may not transfer any of Your rights or obligations under these Terms without the prior written consent of WHub. WHub may transfer their rights or obligations to any third party without Your consent.
- Assumption of Risk
You acknowledge and agree that Your attendance and participation in the Global Fast Track Programme 2023 is voluntary. You agree to assume the risks associated with attending and participating in the Global Fast Track Programme 2023 to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law.
- English Version Prevails
In the event of any discrepancy between the English version and the Chinese version of these Terms, the English version shall prevail.
Should you have any enquiries to Global Fast Track Programme 2023, please email to email@example.com.